RESERVATIONS AND DEPOSITS:
Reservations should be made as early as possible to ensure the departure of your choice. A deposit of $750.00 is required at the time of registration. Your reservation is confirmed upon receipt of your deposit and registration form. No reservations will be accepted without a signed application form.
REFUND OF UNUSED ARRANGEMENTS:
Because the rates of Pauwels Travel Bureau Ltd. are based on group participation, no refund can be made for any tour accommodation or tour service or tour feature not taken. If cancellation occurs while the tour is in progress, no refund can be made for the tour portion not taken. We strongly suggest that to allow for any unexpected contingencies, you purchase the all-inclusive insurance.
Refund of deposit is made if cancellation is received in writing by Pauwels Travel Bureau Ltd. more than 90 days prior of the departure date of the tour less a $500.00 non-refundable administrative fee per person. For cancellation received in writing 90 days prior or less the following cancellation charges apply:
90 days to 46 days before departure: 25% of tour cost
45 to 31 days before departure: 50% of tour cost
Within 30 days prior to departure: 100% of tour cost
The acceptance of the initial service to be provided under the tour shall be considered an acceptance by the tour member of those conditions. We also reserve the right to decline, to accept or retain any person as a member of the tour.
We reserve the right without notice, to withdraw any part or all of the tour. Factors such as airline schedule changes, hotel overbookings, inclement weather, travel warnings by the Canadian Government etc. may necessitate changes in the itinerary. There may also be other circumstances in which changes become necessary or advisable.
By commencing the tour, I agree to the release and agreement as included below.
Release & Agreement
By placing my deposit and commencing the tour I understand and agree to the following:
- That all tours are delivered in conjunction with other service providers, including but not limited to travel agent and booking services, airlines, hotel and accommodation providers, transportation providers including but not limited to coach, train and ferry services, restaurant providers, and local guides. We shall not be held responsible for the failure by any person or company to render any transportation, lodging or other travel service to be provided on the tour. All hotel, transportation and other travel services are provided subject to all the terms and conditions under which they are offered to the public generally.
- I further understand that travel involves certain risks to personal health, safety and property. Many foreign countries do not have the safety and health standards that are present in Canada. I am willing to accept the associated risks and understand that We Go Experiences and Pauwels Travel Bureau cannot guarantee the health and safety of travellers in a foreign trip or eliminate the risk from a foreign environment.
- I know that tour programs include walking, and may including hiking and fitness programs that have potential hazardous activities associated with them. I should not participate prior to approval by my physician. I assume any and all other risks associated with these events included but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather including high heat and/or humidity.
- To release, indemnify and hold harmless Pauwels Travel Bureau and their affiliates (which term shall include parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees of Pauwels Travel Bureau as well as Pauwels Travel themselves) (the “Released Parties”) from, and agree not to sue the Released Parties for, any claims that I may have arising from, or in connection with, any personal injury, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, physical, property or other damage that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever related in any way to my participation in this tour. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from, and agree not to sue them for any personal injury, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, physical, property or other damage that I may suffer from the Released Parties’ negligence other than from intentional or reckless acts by such parties. I further agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities, incidents of politically motivated violence, illness or quarantine, strikes or government restrictions or the acts or omissions of any other agents over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including, without limitation, airlines, railways, bus companies, hotels, shipping companies, guides and sub-contracted agents or tour operators. This release also includes activities not offered that may be considered risky. I further release any Tour Directors, bus drivers or other individuals involved in my tour.
- That the air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is limited by their tariffs, or the Warsaw Convention, or both.
- That Pauwels Travel Bureau shall have no liability or responsibility for me when I am absent from activities, such as visits to friends or relatives or during stay-ahead/stay-behind option periods if the stay-ahead/stay-behind period does not include the services of a Tour Director.
- To abide by directions of my Tour Director or other leadership personnel during my tour. Failure to do so may result in my termination from tour immediately. I understand that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to any refund, and that I may be sent home at my own expense. The participant and family undertake full financial responsibility for any damage caused by the participant and agree to pay his/her return home on the first available flight, should his/her behavior be deemed detrimental to the welfare of the group.
- To abide by all local laws when in Canada and abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. (Minors must have parents’ permission to use alcohol even if the local law would otherwise permit them to.) I understand that if I abuse or disobey such laws, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund, and Pauwels Travel may send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
- That if I become ill or incapacitated, Pauwels Travel and its employees, or a designated chaperone may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment (at my own expense) and transporting me home. Pauwels Travel retains the right, in its sole discretion, to contact the traveller’s parent(s) and/or guardian or emergency contact with regard to health issues or any matters whatsoever that relates to the traveller’s tour. These rights transcend any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, Pauwels Travel will attempt to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and the traveller authorizes Pauwels Travel to do so. Pauwels Travel, however, makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered.
- That Pauwels Travel may use any film likenesses taken of me and any of my comments while on a tour for future publication and also use my contact information for future Pauwels Travel communications.
A word about group air.
Please note that when booking one of our air inclusive tours, Pauwels Travel has negotiated reduced rates with the airline that we are able to confirm and lock in up to 359 days before travel. While it is wonderful to share the savings and flexibility this provides with you our valued guests, the privilege does come with some restrictions. In some cases it may not be possible to collect frequent flyer miles, in some cases you may not be able to check in online 24 hours before travel or you may need to try checking in with your ticket number rather than your booking reference and, in almost ALL cases we are not able to offer advanced seat selection.
It is the airline that makes the live reservation and has control over the booking so it is their policy not ours that prevents us from assigning you specific seats. I assure you if a request is made it is followed up on by our staff when they submit the names 30 to 60 days prior to departure. Calling us several days before you go will not change this fact no will getting upset with our staff.
If the ideal seat is an absolute must for you we suggest you book our tour land only and make your own air arrangements so you can better control the individual booking. Pauwels would be happy to assist you with that reservation at absolutely no additional charge. We will offer you the best fare we can find but note this can only be done once a tour is a guaranteed departure and the rules and booking conditions of the applicable airfare will apply.
We thank you in advance for your kind understanding of the above.