Looking to discover some of the award-winning wines of Prince Edward County? From April 26 to 28, join us for a wonderful weekend of tastings in Prince Edward County, located in the north shore of Lake Ontario. The island, or “The County” as it’s commonly called, is the fastest growing wine region in Ontario. With over 40 wineries to choose from, this is a perfect opportunity for Opimian members to come together and get a taste. Stay at the Waring House to experience genuine country inn hospitality and everything Prince Edward County has to offer.
**Please note we are working on an update of the registration page to reflect the options available on this unique program. There is no need to submit a copy of your passport for travel within Ontario, the request is a default on our registration page and we are working on trying to remove it. If registering, we would like to know;
* if you require a room on the ground floor (there are no elevators at the hotel)
* if you require additional nights before or after the tour
* if you plan to participate in the cooking school program on Sunday.
You will be contacted by Pauwels Travel when we receive your registration to follow up on these options.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
To access the Opimian flyer please click on the download PDF tab on the right hand side of the main page.
3:00 p.m. Arrival
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Welcome reception. Visit and tasting with Brian Hanna from Huff Estates.
Picnic box to enjoy your free time
A Word About The Waring House
The Waring House invites you to experience genuine country inn hospitality, and everything Prince Edward County has to offer: great local wines, artists and artisans, history, inspired dining, breathtaking scenery and so much more.
The rooms are furnished and decorated to reflect The Waring House’s 19th century origins. This exclusive Opimian event will see us housed in the premium rooms found in the Quaker and Heritage Lodges, each with a luxurious blend of modern comfort and classic charm.
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Winery visits. Throughout the day we will visit five wineries and taste their wares. We’ll learn about some of the winemaking techniques in The County, as well as the ins and outs of growing grapes in this region. We’ll enjoy a light lunch at Hillier Estates, accompanied by a flight of their wines. Itinerary to follow
Upon our return to the Waring House at approximately 5:00pm, you’ll have a chance to rest before our great tasting dinner at 7:00pm. Victoria Lemstra-Bake from Chateau Canet will be joining us for the gourmet dinner, accompanied by a selection of Chateau Canet wines. Victoria will speak about the wonderful region of Languedoc Roussillon. Victoria and her husband Floris have been Opimian partners for several years and have a family connection to The County. A traditional 19th century wine estate, Chateau Canet is recognized today as one of the leading domaines of the Minervois region in the heart of the Languedoc Roussillon, and you can learn more about them here:
The choice is yours; sleep in and enjoy the feather bed in your room, wander the grounds and work up an appetite for a delicious breakfast before heading home, or attend an optional cooking school. Not quite ready to leave? Waring House has offered additional nights at half price should you wish to add on before or after. Please see below for more information.
- Two nights’ accommodation in premium rooms in the Heritage or Quaker Lodges* at The Waring House - Welcome reception and wine tasting on Friday night - Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday in the Main House - Picnic box to enjoy in your room or on the grounds on Friday night - Luxury coach for the day’s tour - All tastings during the visits on Saturday - Light lunch on Saturday - Tasting dinner at the Waring House on Saturday night with Victoria Lemstra-Bake featuring Château Canet wines (Menu to follow)
- Transportation from your home city to and from the Waring House - Additional nights’ accommodation - Optional cooking school at Waring House - Any wine purchases made during the tour - Any incidentals/expenses charged to your room
March 05 - 14, 2020
Land only: $3,345.
March 31 - April 04, 2020
$1,575 CAD taxes included based on double occupancy
April 14 - 27, 2020
$4,895 from Toronto, including air, based on double occupancy