Meet the wonderful French capital by foot, coach and Metro. Become more acquainted with its history, architecture, art and food. Leisurely wander its major monuments, museums, churches and squares. Discover its hidden by-ways, galleries and restaurants but with ample opportunity to pursue one’s own interests. The tour includes a seven day subway pass, a four day "front of the line" museum pass, four dinners or lunches in typical restaurants, a Seine cruise and a classical music concert! Tour escorted by Michael Quinn.
March 02 - 11, 2018
Land only Single supplement: $895.00 Optional group airfare available for $298.00 + taxes ($596.00) = $884.00
*If the tour is SOLD OUT, please contact us to be added to the waitlist.
Evening departure from Toronto to Paris with Air France. Dinner and a light breakfast will be served.
A full morning at the D’Orsay Museum, the great Parisian showcase of 19th-century art, with works by masters such as Monet, Manet, Renoir, Van Gogh, etc. Remainder of the afternoon to take full advantage of the Museum Pass. Or..... a touch of retail therapy in the marvelous Grands Magasins of Printemps, Galeries Lafayette and Bon Marché with an early dinner at any one of their gourmet counters...a pleasure!
After breakfast we travel by Metro to the Louvre Museum, featuring countless superb art treasures including Leonardo’s Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo, the Winged Victory of Samothrace. The afternoon allows for personal choices, but is however an open invitation to visit any other museum or monument: e.g. the Musée du Moyen Age; Picasso; Pompidou Centre. This evening, our Au Revoir dinner in a typical “bistro”!
After breakfast, transfer to Charles de Gaulle Airport for our return to Toronto with Air France. Lunch and an afternoon snack will be served
- Airport transfers; - Accommodation in a 4-star hotel, based on double occupancy; the single room supplement is $895.00. - Meals: daily full buffet breakfast plus five full-course dinners/lunches. - Sightseeing and visits as indicated in the itinerary; - Classical music concert; - Seine River cruise; - Metro Pass valid for 7 days: city travel is mostly by subway, but...be aware that our Parisian exploration necessarily involves some walking! - Museum Pass valid for 4 days; (Please note that the order of visits may require adjustment to accommodate possible future rescheduling of museum/ shop opening hours; the time and venue of the classical music concert is TBA.)
- Optional group airfare of $298.00 + taxes $586.00 (Based on minimum of 10) - Beverages (wine, beer, mineral water, tea, etc.) with dinners; - All items of a personal nature; - Travel insurance...available upon request
- Top Ten Paris: DK Eyewitness
- Paris: DK Eyewitness
- Paris In Your Pocket: Michelin
- Paris Day By Day: Frommer
Should you really wish a "big guide book" for France, I suggest Frommer or Fodor. Both include Paris and offer some comfort for travellers to the city. The more historical guide is the excellent Green Michelin series which, for the serious tourist, offers the mostcomprehensive coverage. One can purchase the “France” or “Paris” edition separately.
- Parisians: Robb, Graham
- Seven Ages of Paris: Horne, Alistair
- Paris Revealed: Clarke, Stephen….. (a fun view)
- Memorable walks in Paris: Frommer
A touch more serious:
- A Traveller’s History of France 6th Edition: Cole, Robert
- On The Brink: Fenby, Jonathan
- Paris-Biography of a City: Jones, Colin
- The Insider’s Guide to Paris: Muir, Kate
January 22 - February 01, 2018
$4,795 from Toronto
February 03 - 13, 2018
Multiple Options Available
February 16 - 26, 2018
$6,995 from Toronto